I have a gift, and a curse. I have a great memory. It has saved me a few times, and gotten me in trouble a few times. It was a point of contention with Hubby for a long time, and a blessing to my godmother while researching our roots. Consequently, I have a lot of great and not-so-great memories. And by “a lot” I mean a lot. I can’t pick just one, so I will do my Top Ten:
10) Peeking over the caldera of Kilauea at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
9) Having Hubby show me killdeer nesting near the apartment where we first lived.
8 ) La Piedra Escrita (The Written Stone) in my hometown in PR. Petroglyphs from long ago, including a “cowboy”!
7) Any time my sisters and I got together during holidays. Too many to mention, but one in particular stands out. We all gathered in the Jack-and-Jill bath to compare derrieres. Y’all have to admit, that’s pretty funny!
6) Watching my dad and uncles sing danzas and trios while getting ripped during the holidays. Actually, that happens whenever they get together. One time they drove to a barra a few miles away and decided to serenade the patrons. Total epicness!
5) Driving through East Texas on the way to grandmother’s house (insert song here) and having Hubby tease the kids about llamas.
4) The first time Hubby ever kissed me.
3) My first concert: “Weird Al” Yankovic, and I had the best seat in the house.
2) The births of my children. Each was different, each was special, and each I remember with love.
1) The day of my wedding. Words are such poor substitutes for the joy I relive each time I recall that day.
So there you have it. Some of my favorite memories. I hope y’all have some to share, as well 🙂